Monday, February 07, 2011

 

Our Mysterious Universe

(2)
Whew. I should do all that research sober, but the various ideas only come to me when I'm buzzing. A sober blog would be a much different blog.
I'm beginning the 'final four' beers now at 1925. Sip. Time for a 'rink dump:'
----------
As you know I am a Science Freak. I Love NOVA! This season, NOVA is calling Wednesday Night, 'Smart Night' (or something like that). Two absolutely fascinating hours of programming are on PBS back to back: Nova Science Now, and NOVA. Highly recommended! Last week NSN did a remarkable show on The Brain which I found astonishing. (How Does the Brain Work?) And NOVA did an equally fascinating show on 'Making Stuff: Cleaner.' (My left eye is feeling pain now as 'they' zap me from 203 with heavy microwave radiation. More on that later.) Back with beer #9 (of 11) at 2000.)
One of the many things I liked about last week's NSN show was the elegant demonstration of Electromagnetism's effect on the brain (and on nerves in general). We are machines! Biological machines! Our lives can ultimately be reduced to electro-chemical phenomenon in the CNS. Our 'life history' is 'data.' Nothing more. Electro-chemical 'history.' And that is what makes it all so fascinating. (Left nostril dripping as I peed in the potty just now.) How is it possible that mere electro-chemical events can ultimately produce 'feelings of love?' 'Science' has no answer for that. Nor does 'religion.' Hence 'mysticism.' Nor do 'mystics' have an answer. I am a (supermarket) mystic and I have no answers. I have questions, not answers. We live in a very mysterious universe.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?