Monday, February 07, 2011

 

Nature's Way: Green to Brown.

(1)
Halfway through beer #2 at 1647. Sip. I'm a few days late (this being Monday). The problem was sleep deprivation due to violent microwave attacks Wednesday and Thursday nights. Back with beer #3 at 1650. Over the weekend I thought this might be a good time to do a little test to see what difference two weeks between 'booze nights' would make, CNS-wise. However, today (Monday) I 'caved in' with the excuse that 90% brain function is recovered by day 2, and that a real test would require something like 6 weeks or so. Cheers. Sip. I did give it my best effort on Friday night, downing one beer as a test - I've been known to write some pretty good stuff while sleep-deprived and drunk - but it just didn't work out, so I wrapped it up early after one beer... leaving 11 beers for tonight (with whiskey back-up).
I recently reread last week's posts. Funny (to me). I must confess that my 'conversation' with hg made sense until after the line when hg said, '+' (yes). My next line is a complete mystery, however, and hg's reply '...' is equally mystifying. And why was I 'forgiving' hg? I remember thinking at the time that I must be the only person in history who ever 'forgave' the Holy Ghost - (funny, which is why I wrote it) - but I'm still at a loss. Maybe it'll come to me before the night is gone.
On the subject of 'spiritual communications' I've come up with some 'interesting details:' Why did Galileo invent the Brown Telephone? The answer is that Galileo thought that the Catholic Pope (Galileo was Catholic) should have a direct line to God (et al). But it seemed obvious to him at the time that there was no such connection; therefore, as a favor to His Holiness, Galileo devised the Spiritual Communications System and created the Green Telephone. However, the pope (et al) were so horrified by Galileo's Heliocentrism that he was reported to The Inquisition and placed under house arrest for life. Galileo retaliated by withholding the 'Papal Present' entirely, changing the color to brown, then passing the (now) Brown Telephone on to his successors. After a long journey through history in the hands of various 'religious rebels' it ended up in my hands, and I will also pass it on after my death. Tradition has it that some of its previous 'owners' included, Spinoza, Voltaire, Nietzsche, Russell, Leary, and Sagan. To whom will I pass on that remarkable spiritual device? Obviously not to Rahm Emmanuel. But stay tuned.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?