Monday, February 14, 2011

 

Happy Valentine's Day!

(1)
Happy Valentine's Day! (Sip. Beginning first beer at 1515.) I bought the beer at KSS yesterday, and I also picked up a nice-looking watermelon quarter for Kootch, as usual. She ate it for lunch today as we watched TV. About halfway through shopping I passed the flower section where a dozen gorgeous orange roses caught my eye. I bought 'em. Kootch loves 'em.
So I'm back on my new winter schedule. It was touch and go last night as I crawled into bed at six PM, very sleep-deprived. Would 'they' let me sleep? Nope. They bombarded me with microwaves for the next six hours, making sleep impossible. I used the time to test my meager 'defenses' and learned something about microwave radiation. Actually I confirmed my suspicions: metal cookie sheets only partially block the radiation. What seems to happen is that the cookie sheet absorbs the radiation, then re-radiates it in all directions. (Off to the 'fridge for beer #2... back at 1538. Looks like Kootch still has half of her watermelon left...) I concluded this when I notced that my left hand (holding the sheet) was throbbing. My face (behind the cookie sheet) was also throbbing, but less so. I then used the knuckle of my right index finger to help prop up the cookie sheet. Soon the the entire finger was also throbbing. (They are zapping me from the right (thump) side as I write this. Buzzing nicely, though.) Some form of 'conduction' (in addition to 'radiation' may also be involved. (R eye watering now.) Ha! I just talked Kootch into sewing an old towel around the cookie sheet. I can use that to test the 'conduction conjecture!' I'll report results next week.
In other 'local news,' somebody moved out (of the building) day before yesterday, and somebody moved in to 304 yesterday. This is a really quick turnover. The previous 'tenant' was a 30-ish (tap) male. The (apparent) new tenants may be two young women and possibly one young male (all teen-early 20s). They moved in with 'daddy's' help. The girls drove an SUV. 'Daddy' drove a green pickup. I have photos and plate numbers, of course. 'Daddy' did one very bizarre maneuver with his pickup truck: after unloading the truck and helping the kids to carry the stuff upstairs, he got in the truck for a second load, drove forward as if to turn around, then changed his mind and backed the truck up. I figured he'd turn at the parking lot and leave the area in the usual straightforward manner, but no! He kept backing and backing and backing all the way around the curve and out of sight about a quarter mile away. He backed past numerous possible turn-around points. My immediate impression was that he was attempting to avoid 'showing' his rear license plate. If so, too late: I already had it.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?