Friday, January 14, 2011

 

Ready to be Surprised

(5)
Sip.
Back with beer #10. Eight beers left. I'm tired of the current subject. Need to work on something more interesting. Rereading (4) below I need to comment (I-mode, Herd mode, Us mode): I was attempting to categorize the basic human 'duties.' There are only two: social and individual. They sometimes seem to conflict. Drug use is an example: The individual has a duty to operate socially. But the individual has a more fundamental duty to operate selfishly. The two often clash. For example, The Society might feel threatened by LSD. But at the same time the individual might feel that LSD will benefit both society and the individual. Clash!
Another example: The society might feel that unregulated economic greed is a threat to society, but the 'Bank Tycoon' might feel that his gain is society's gain.
Thinking about it now, I lose interest in the entire subject.
What do I fear?
Nothing, actually. I live moment-to-moment, ready to be surprised.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?