Friday, January 07, 2011

 

I Mode vs Herd Mode

(3)
Sipping on beer #6 after watching the news. Buzz declining. Possibly I've not been drinking fast enough. Sip. Kootch has hit the sack. I'm wondering at the moment about how to test the possible 'synergies' between Salvia and Marijuana. There must be some... And what about Salvia and booze? All three?! There is room for exploration here, it seems to me.
This attitude will bother those folks who live rigorously in what I call, 'economic mode.' 'Societal mode' would be another way of putting it. Or 'herd mode.' (Kieth Olberman is wearing a black sweater - no tie. Scary...) But there is also 'personal mode' or 'individual mode' which is the antithesis to 'herd mode.' We all live simultaneously in both general modes. (Hmm. I'm pretty drunk after all...) I live mostly in 'personal mode.' Sip. Beginning beer #7. That is to say that I have pretty much rejected societal values concerning how I should think. I think freely. I behave (tap) in both personal and societal modes. Both are important. Socially, I tend to be respectful of The Other, but I lose that respect when The Other attacks me. (Hmm. This seems to be degenerating into a self-analysis scenerio. Barf. Is this the best I can do?! Maybe I need to call Jesus...)
Aha! 'I mode' versus 'herd mode!' They often conflict. Ok. Now I have the descriptive terms I need. Doing 'entheogenic drugs' is a decision to act in 'I mode.' Hmm...
But suppose I have lots of money and decide to give some of it away? Which mode was that?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?