Friday, December 31, 2010

 

The Levels of Consciousness

(3)

2143 and I'm off to the fridge for beer #6 at 2146. Anderson Cooper is on CNN at Times Square. Looks like fun. Suzanne Malveaux has a twin sister named Suzette! I saw them today on CNN. Hmm. Oops! 2156 and it's almost 2011 in New York City... standby... back at 2208. Awesome! I even teared up a little bit. New Year's Eve would be a great time to do an Acid Trip! Plan to drop about 4-5 hours before midnight EST. That way you can watch it all while you are filled with Wonder and Awe. Who is Kathy Griffin? Oh. I like.
2302 and I am enjoying a really boring drunk due to all the food I ate for supper. That will definitely teach my dumb ass.
Hmm. 2314. Boring buzz. I can't possibly drink the remaining beers before midnight. Ok. One last beer. I'll save the remaining four beers for another night. Sip. What to do until midnight... Brr. I'm cold. Room temp is 74 degrees. Nose blow to clear mucus. They are obviously still zapping me. 2331. Sip. Ok. I'll entertain us with quotes from The Master Game:
----------
... One can affirm, on the basis of considerable evidence, that roughly five levels of consciousness are possible for man:

1. Deep sleep without dreams.
2. Sleep with dreams.
3. Waking sleep (identification).
4. Self-transcendence (self-remembering).
5. Objective consciousness. (cosmic consciousness).

Nature guarantees that man shall experience the first, second, and third levels of consciousness... She does not guarantee that he shall experience the fourth and fifth states...
----------
And I could go on and on of course. I can personally verify that it is possible to experience the fourth state of consciousness. Been there, done that. It's actually quite fun! (Kootch just opened her door on the way to the bathroom, looked in at me, smiled, and said, 'Fifteen more minutes.' I replied, 'Actually, ten more minutes.' Sip. I'm cold and hungry.) It is also quite a challenge. 'Self remembering' requires your brain to be aware on two levels. Level three is your normal brain state. Level four is a supervisory state which 'watches' your 'level three state.' It is a kind of diffuse, generalized awareness. A kind of 'double awareness.' (Ok, ok, I just popped open beer # nine. Sip. Food can wait.) At first glance you might be inclined to think that you already possess that particular state of awareness, but you would be wrong. True, you might have brief glimpses now and then, but a continuous fourth state of consciousness (awareness) is rare. Few ever achieve it. The good news is that it may be possible for many people to actually train their brains in that regard. The bad news is that it takes years of practice. The worse news is that once you finally achieve it, it 'disappears!' Note the 'quotes.' 0027. Sip. Especially when you're drunk.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?