Wednesday, December 08, 2010

 

First Do No Harm

(1)
Working on beer #2 (tap) at 1409. Sip. Just finished reading last week's posts again. Was I too (tap) hard on Doctor Oz? Maybe. But before I let the good doctor completely 'off the hook' I must restate my take on his 'circumcision presentation.' It struck me as ignorance combined with penis envy. 'Ignorance' because of his apparent total lack of knowlege concerning the prepuce (foreskin), and 'penis envy' because of his obvious emotional attachment to 'penis reduction surgury' (eheh, I only recently discovered that little sarcasm). I can do nothing to soothe the good doctor's emotional problems, of course, but I can offer a link to preputal awareness: CIRP's Anatomy of the Penis and Mechanics of Intercourse. (And concerning the '12 known functions of the foreskin' I would add a possible 13th function, Erection Maintenance: The tip of the foreskin (muco-cutaneous junction) is usually a smaller part of the foreskin (sometimes too small, requiring legitimate surgical intervention). When the erect penis is 'skinned back' the m-c junction is displaced some distance behind the corona where it acts an a 'tight band' which tends to inhibit return (venous) blood flow thus enhancing and helping to maintain the erection. I would also add one last bit of advice to Doctor Oz: Remember the Hippocratic Oath: First do no harm.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?