Tuesday, November 23, 2010

 

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime, and the origin of 'Google.'

(1)
Halfway through beer #1 at 1348, a day early. Been reading some of the comments on this CNN piece about circumcision/comments. Amusing.
Working on beer #2 now at 1405. Buzzing slightly as I reread the 'McLean' post, it dawned on me that I might have got the name wrong there too. Was it Maclain? Too bad I don't have that yearbook.
The C-III game is still rolling on (face rad causing right eye watering, mucus buildup, and - presumably - lens heating). After surviving a war with The Chinese, then another with the Persians, I continued to amass huge numbers of 'Modern Armor' units and finally attacked the Persians. The British and French were already at war with Persia, so I only had to bribe the Chinese into siding with me. I have now conquered almost half of the Persian Empire. This is an unusually long game for a vet like me. But I WILL win.
Beginning beer #3 at 1436. Buzzing nicely. How 'bout a rink dump!
----------
'Intactivists' to San Francisco: Ban circumcision. This is the article which spawned the above link.
Speaking of 'cruel cuts:' A Museum Dedicated to China's Cruelest Cut. Yeesh.
Ninety successive cuts gets you down to the size of an atom. The Lives of the Stars, starring Carl Sagan, shows you how you came to be. You need to know that if you really want to 'know yourself.' And who invented 'Google?' Hmmm.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?