Wednesday, October 27, 2010

 

Living Life as a Broken Biological Machine

(2)
Beginning beer #3 at 1600. Sip. By the way, 'My Stroke of Insight' is about a hemorrhagic stroke in the brain's left hemisphere, which pretty much demolished many left-brain functions, forcing the author to re-learn much. (Stomp above me.) She meanwhile 'lived' mostly in her remaining (right) hemisphere. The book is an amazing description of the functions of both hemispheres by a woman who was an expert on the brain. Highly recommended! Read it. Interestingly, brain hemisphericality (is that a word?) seems to be 'mirrored,' politicwise. Do I have you now? Sip.
It used to be my 'potty book.' When Kootch finishes it I will re-read it. Other 'potty books' have included The God Delusion (Dawkins) and god is Not Great (Hitchens), among others.
Just popped open beer #4. Sip. I'm mostly recovered from the whiskey, which will be held in reserve. My conclusion from today's experiment is, 'Save the whiskey for when you are at a loss for what to write next, or for when you have run out of beer, dumbass.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?