Wednesday, October 27, 2010

 

Civilization III

(4)
Suck on that!
Just popped open beer #6 at 1810. Sip. Buzzing nicely.
I finished game 31 of Civilization III this week and began game 32. This particular game is very unusual because I am by far the most powerful nation and will easily 'win the game.' But whereas in the last game I was able to finish with both the English and the French civilizations 'intact,' the English were destroyed early in this game and the French are very weak. But I am now in position to come to France's aid immediately if necessary: I have recently conquered the Aztecs, whose territory was very close to France, with only one Indian city interposed. Best of all, France currently has a Mutual Protection Pact with India, her most likely deadly opponent! The Game has no idea that I am playing to keep France alive while destroying all other civilizations! Heh! I am confident that - with my help - France will survive. I consider C-III to be the best video game ever created, based on the fact that no two games are ever alike. Furthermore, the game teaches basic values. Your children should play this game! And the music is glorious, my favorite being the short repeating segment which 'plays' during 'negotiations' with the rulers, Joan of Arc and Elizabeth.
Just popped open beer #7 at 1835. Sip. Yum. Kootch is asleep. We are alone.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?