Thursday, September 23, 2010

 

The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets

(5)
Yes, I know: I'm naughty. Sue me.
I need to document one of my sources concerning information regarding the Islamic god, Allah: The Women's Encylopedia of Myths and Secrets. Awesome book! Page 22:
----------
Allah
Late Islamic mascularization of the Arabian Goddess, Al-Lat or Al-Llat - the Allatu of the Babylononians - formerly worshipped at the Kaaba in Mecca. It has been shown that 'the Allah of Islam' was a male transformation of the primitive Lunar Deity of Arabia. Her ancient symbol the crescent moon still appears on Islamic flags even though modern Moslems no longer admit any feminine symbolism whatever connected with the wholly patriachal Allah. See Arabia.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?