Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

Waiting for Justice

(2)
Just popped open beer 5. This is taking too long, but I gotta wrap it up.
A woman answered. Businesslike. Stern. I briefly explained that I had a 'neighbor problem' and requested ACSD assistance. Her first concern was the address of that neighbor. Then she wanted to know my address. It was a bit odd that she wanted to know the address of the neighbor before she knew my address, but then I remembered 'caller ID' and that the ACSD must certainly have 'caller ID' installed. Then she asked me for my address and telephone number. I gave her the information, neglecting to include the area code (tap), figuring that she had all that information right in front of her. She then asked for my area code. I thought, 'Uh-oh. This bitch is lying to me.' I then gave her the area code. I then said to her that I did not want the officers to go to the 'neighbor's' address before they had talked with me first. She acknowleged my request. I hung up. The ranting continued above for another 15 minutes or so. I waited for the cops to arrive.
An hour later I called her back. She explained that they were 'extremely busy' but that she had dispatched an officer '5-minutes ago.' I waited another 10-15 minutes, then noticed an ACSD car just below our patio. I waited, looking through the peephole. No cops. After a few minutes I open the door and heard a conversation going on above me. I walked part way up the stairs. Two cops were talking to the ranting, raving maniac in the upper hallway. At the sight of me he recoiled, complaining to the cops that I was coming up the stairs. I retreated to our apt and waited for the cops to knock. After some time there was a knock on the door. I checked the peephole. The cop was standing about 45 degrees away from 'straight-on.' (ACSD cops, I have noticed over the years, avoid standing right in front of the door, probably fearing a shotgun blast through the door by an irate 'customer.' Can't say I blame them given their typical performance. Eheh.)
I opened the door
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?