Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

Oops

(4)
Whew! By the way, I wanted to thank the person who had returned my 'stuff' to the ACSD. The cop had given me a building number and an apartment number. I went to King Soopers and purchased some 'presents:' one can of mixed nuts; one can of pralines, and one can of roasted pecans. I intended to give the person a 'thank you' choice between those yummies or a 20 dollar bill (or both! WTF!). I searched for that address for about 40 minutes or so that same day. No joy. I concluded that the cop had lied to me concerning the address. 'Typical,' I thought. I told Kootch that it was 'all hers.' I figured she would take them to Japan in the spring of 2011, my usual contribution to her yearly 'presents from America.' But today I handed the job off to Kootch: 'Find her if you can. I can't.'
Kootch found her! How? I'm embarrassed by the simplicity of her procedure: she looked at the map of our local area, then went right to the building and the apt number! The young lady was gratified to receive our belated acknowlegement of her civic duty! I - dumbass that I am - had simply driven around the area searching for that building number and had not found it! I had even gone to a similar number presuming an error by the ACSD officer. I knocked on the door. A dog answered my knock with a bark. I replied in kind. Then a totally gorgeous little girl opened the door. She must have been about 7-8 years old. I said, 'Are you B?' 'No,' she said. I said, 'Does anybody named 'B' live here? 'No,' said she, smiling broadly. I thanked her and left.
When Kootch returned empty-handed I knew immediately that she had 'connected.' 'You found it!? How?'
'I looked at the map.' she said.
Oops.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?