Thursday, September 23, 2010

 

Hallway Hanya Explained

(2)
Every time I stand up and head to the 'fridge for a beer my nose begins to run. This has been going on for quite some time. At first I thought it was caused by a gas that was somewhat lighter than air. But later observations suggested a more refined theory: microwave radiation originating in the apartment above. I have pretty much confirmed that theory. Even now, as I type this, my entire face is throbbing and my nasal mucosa is slightly swollen, oozing mucus. Sniff, sniff. I am being zapped (tap) by Hanya Hirself!
A little research revealed that Hanya - with the face of a devil - was actually a beautiful woman who had become consumed by jealousy. As a result her face changed from female to male and she grew horns. Did Kootch know this? I doubted it. I asked her about Hanya. She said it was a Shinto god who (shielded) a home from evil. (Somewhat like Christian crosses and statues, etc.) I told her the 'jealous female' story and she was surprised, saying that she had no knowlege of (Hanya history) except that it was some Japanese god who kept evil away. She further remarked that her Hanya face was (wickedly handsome), and that was why she hung it on the wall. She was right about that. It was. Turned out that it came into her hands during a visit to Japan. Her younger brother had been a popular singer and his fans occasionally presented him with small gifts. After he died, (tap) those artifacts spread through the remaining family members and she selected several, among them Hanya, a music box with a dancer on top of it, and two Daruma dolls, one of whom is staring at me even as I type this. The music box played a beautiful version of 'Love Makes the World Go 'Round, but I cannot find an appropriate link just now.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?