Wednesday, September 01, 2010

 

Greetings from the ACSD

(1)
About halfway through beer #2 just now, there was a knock on our door. Kootch met me as I approached the hallway. She whispered, 'There's a cop knocking on our door.' I checked the peephole: sure enough. I slid the mechanical latch back, unlocked the digital lock, removed the chain-stop, then opened the door. Yes? said I. The cop held up a small plastic bag. It contained my driver's license. My first thought was that the cop was delivering a newer version. 'To what do I owe this honor?' said I. '(Somebody) found this on the Highline Canal Trail,' said the cop, and handed me the bag. A closer inspection revealed a few other cards. Then I made the connection: I had done a bike ride (boom above - another boom) about 90 minutes ago and had fallen off the bike as I attempted a tight U-turn at Broadway. The cards had obviously fallen out of my shirt pocket, unnoticed. I aborted the ride and headed home (thump on the floor above me). I thanked the cop and shook his hand. Rare occasion! (Another floor thump above.) ACSD 'greetings' are usually bad news for me! (Very loud bangs above me as Gerash goes apeshit for some reason. Kootch asked me if I was making the noise just now - her 'hearing' is not very good - and I advised her that the faggots upstairs often did stuff like this as I wrote my blog.)
So... another 'Good Samaritan! Kootch and I will Thank that good person.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?