Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

Dumb and Dumber

(3)
The 'lead cop' was quite impressive: tall, handsome, well dressed... I said something like, 'Don't worry, I'm not gonna shoot ya!' as I stepped back and motioned for them to 'come on in.' (I had noticed that the raving maniac above had failed to invite them into his apartment but had chosen instead to talk to them in the hallway. There was a good reason for that, hence I invited them into our apartment, the idea being to show these two outstanding gentlemen that I had nothing to hide whereas the raving maniac above had something to hide given that he had not invited them in to his apartment.) I figured they would immediately see the differences between me and the raving maniac above. Wrong. The cops' last names turned out to be, 'Dumb' and Dummer.' They were, in other words, typical ACSD cops. I told them that I had specifically requested that they contact me first before contacting the maniac above. Why had they contacted the maniac above before contacting me? 'Communication error' explained one of the cops (this exact phrase was used by the woman who took my call when I called her back to complain that the cops had contacted the maniac before they had contacted me). I concluded immediately that it was no accidental 'communication error' that led the cops to contact the maniac above before contacting me: I was being lied to all 'round: the cops knew all about me; what they were really interested in was 'them.'
I explained the problems: Cigarrette butts dropped for the last two months or so. Stomping above me. Loud music. They were the tennants from hell. 'Dumb' explained that the Baggie of butts was butt 'an allegation' which proved nothing. I showed them my current log, sitting on the kitchen counter. I said that I had been recording 'incidents' for many years. 'Dumber' said that keeping such a log for so many years was really dumb.
At that point they made it clear that they were not interested in my 'stalker problems' and left. I saw them soon after, talking with 'Good Samaritan.' I went down to talk to them all. I requested 'cards' from each of the cops. I thanked GS again. One cop handed me a single card. 'Dumber' then asked me: 'Have you ever been evaluated for mental health problems?' (The maniac had called me 'crazy' and had informed the cops of his diagnosis. The diagnosis had obviously impressed Dumber.)
I answered, 'Do you think I'm crazy?'
'No,' said the dumbass cop.
'Then why ask me such a stupid question?' said I.
The dumbass cop had no reply. My conjecture is that his intention was to 'sow doubt' about my 'sanity' in the mind of GS, who obviously favored me during the entire confrontation.
The cops left.
There have been no cig butts on the patio since that day, last Saturday afternoon.
This is progress!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?