Thursday, July 01, 2010

 

Last Week Continued...

(1)
Whoa! What a meltdown! Twelve beers in six hours! I later (the next afternoon) discovered my whiskey glass next to the computer, indicating that I had at least one double shot of whiskey in addition to all that beer. Whew. Kootch advised me next day that I had not eaten supper. Apparently I had gone straight to bed drunk as a skunk after that last drink. Tonight will be different, I hope. I ate some lunch today, so I will not be so dependent on the beer for nourishment. We shall see...
Last week I failed to mention the most bizarre piece of 'street theater' I have ever witnessed: a Flash Mob. This particular event took place the day after my confrontation with Buttholebuddy, and happened at approximately 1630-1645L. I noticed a large group of teenagers gathering together on the Highline Canal Trail. As I stared at them through the patio door it soon became clear that they were all staring back in my direction. One or two of them made obscene body movements obviously intended to insult and provoke. Were they doing this for my benefit? Or the benefit of the upstairs occupants? Which? I thought I saw Buttholebuddy among them but couldn't be sure. I got out the binnoculars. Some of them began hiding behind the vegetation. I grabbed the camera and began snapping photos. At the sight of the camera many of them scattered. I snapped several photos before I noticed some two or three of the boys above us heading in the direction of the mob. One of the boys engaged 'ObsceneOzzie' in a fist fight. The fight was soon over, both participants apparently escaping with minimal damage. As the boys returned, I snapped their photo from the patio. They recoiled, as vampires from sunlight. One of them said, 'We just called the cops on you for doing this.' I replied, 'Didn't work, did it.' Bizarre. I live in a world full of very bizarre people, complete fucking idiots all.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?