Wednesday, July 21, 2010

 

Jury Duty

(5)
I should mention at this point that I was later called (tap) to jury duty in a federal case of a dentist accused of inappropriate drug prescribing. I was predisposed emotionally to acquit, of course, and I eventually voted that way. Turned out that the other jurors followed my lead, and the dentist in question was acquited. One juror called my judgement, 'A travesty.' I didn't realize it at the time, but my reasoning during juror discussions apparently prevailed: we decided that the government had failed to prove, 'intent.' Our decision was 'logical' (as opposed to 'emotional.') even though I - Having done Ganja and LSD - was emotionally disposed to acquit. So my later advisement that I was 'unfit for jury duty' was based on firm evidence. I was telling the truth. They believed me, until recently, when I got a new 'jury notice.'
Was 'Mr. Gentile' a link in the chain of Arapahoe County's 're-evaluation' of my qualifications?
Who knows? I suspect. Maybe we shall see...
On the way back from Colorado Springs after a chess tournament I was alone with Gerash in Gerash's car. He was driving us both back to Denver. The conversation drifted to Jury duty. I boasted that I had been instrumental in the acquital of a dentist (tap) accused of 'drug pedalling.' Gerash replied that he was aware of that trial. 'You acquited,' he said.
Why would he know that?!
Gerash thereby became a prominent figure (tap) in my consciousness. He dropped me off at I-25 and Arapahoe Road. Kootch picked me up later. Interestingly, Gerash had picked me up before the tournament at I-25 and Arapahoe road! Hmm.
I would later conjecture that Gerash was all-too-familiar with our home at 7152 S. Franklin Street, and was anxious to avoid informing me that he knew where I lived.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?