Wednesday, July 21, 2010

 

Dodging Jury Duty...

(3)
Beginning beer #8 @ 1806L. No booze backup. Gonna have to ration the remaining 4 beers. Buzzing nicely at the moment...
Began a new game of C-III this week, #25 (?).
Dodged a bullet this week too: I was scheduled to appear for 'Jury Duty' monday morning. Yuk. So Sunday night I did research on the web concerning my obligation of citizenship. This led to a phone number. I reluctantly made the call. Wowza! My juror number was so high that I was among those few citizens excused! Alright! Whew. The last time I did jury duty was many years ago. I was in a room filled with hundreds of people. We were all given questionaires. There was a 'comments' section. I wrote that I was not a good juror prospect because I had no faith in the ACSD Criminal Justice System. Some time later a handful or two of people were directed to report to a room. My name was among that group. I was told that I had been excused and was free to go. Alright! (Just finished current beer. Gonna wait a while...)
My 'excuse' was based on actual experience with the ACSD and the CJS: Back in the early '70s I was 'arrested' in my back yard (faint boom) by an ACSD cop who was off duty acting as a security guard. I was shooting daisies at the time for lack of a better target. We had recently moved into our new home at 7152 S Franklin Street. The cop walked into our (unfenced at the time) back yard. Irritating. The cop then accused me of shooting out some windows in the new condo structures being constructed near our house. Not true! I denied the charge. The cop then took me to a nearby building under construction and showed me window damage suggesting a BB gun was involved. I denied doing the damage. The filthy ACSD cop then stated that he had witnessed me shooting (2 bonks above) in the direction of the damage. He then confiscated my BB gun and charged me with 'Malicious Mischief.' Unbelievable. (tap)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?