Friday, June 18, 2010

 

Formulating a Theory

(1)
Taking my last sip of beer #2 as I finish reading last week's posts, much of which had been 'forgotten.' I am amazed by how my memory seems to revive at this time every week. Sip. I'm off to the fridge... I checked my IQ Meter just now as I walked back to the computer. Current reading is 100 and the 'trend indicator' points straight down. Gonna be a long night? It's fun so far...
The 'boom-boom from above' was obvious while I was in the kitchen. The 'new tenants,' a couple of teen-age boys, (thump above me) like to play loud music. Their music is so loud that we can hear the drum beats very clearly down in the LR. The more interesting aspects of the music are, however, lost in transition through their hardwood floor. All we hear is boom, boom, boom. Darn. What do they hear? I wondered. I got my little voice recorder in hand and turned it on in the kitchen. Boom, boom, boom. I opened the door and went out into the hallway. Whoa! The sound of music literally filled the hallway, which is usually so quiet that you can 'hear a pin drop.' Loudness! (Heavy nose rad here: nasal passages swelling suddenly, nose beginning to drip. Sniff. Burp. Nose blow; mucho mucus.) I walked upstairs, marveling at how really loud the music was. Certainly the neighbors upstairs could hear it. I walked down the hallway to the other end of the building. The music was still loud and obvious. I walked down to the second floor. Still loud and obvious. Clearly, everybody in the building was aware of the loud music emanating (Kootch just appeared at the door waving and giggling. 'On your way back from the fridge, bring me a beer, wouldja?' She dutifully went to the fridge, retrieved a beer, and even popped it open for me. Good girl.) from the apartment above us. Had no one complained? I decided that it was a good time for a bike ride. I took off on my bike, exhilarated by the sunshine and (still) cool air. I should do this more often. I went to the upstream Broadway crossing, turned around, then headed for the downstream Broadway crossing. As I passed by our building I saw the two idiot teenagers out on the balcony. Eheh: The music was so fucking loud in their apartment that they needed to evacuate! I later verified this conjecture on several occasions when the drum beats were particularly loud: they were out on the patio! I then formulated the theory that their extremely loud music was intended not to pleasure them, but on the contrary, to irritate their nearest neighbors. I then observed that since I was included in the class, 'nearest neighbors,' they were, perhaps, attempting to irritate me specifically. Eheh. Darn. I decided not to call the police. Let 'em stew in their own fucking juice!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?