Friday, June 25, 2010

 

The Downside of Irish Hubris

(1)
Beginning beer #1 @ 1325L. Sip. Just read last week's entries for the second time. Funny, but the booze obviously took its toll there at the end. I've noticed that my mood changes dramatically during the week from totally hungover and feeling guilty and depressed on Saturday, to increasingly manic by Tuesday as my brain recovers structure and function during the week, eventually ending up on Friday at my normal IQ of 143. (Just kidding, I don't know my IQ, but I suspect it is somewhere above 100, given that I live in a world full of complete fucking idiots. My guess is 115 on Friday mornings, 80 on Friday nights. I hear that O'bama has an IQ of around 160. I believe it.)
Ha! the buzz begins @ 1341L!
This brings us to the unbelievable hubris of general Stanley McChrystal who got his dumb ass fired this week because of this stunning article in Rolling Stone. (heavy face rad-IRFS as I write this... gotta evacuate... standby... stomping above me in the LR as I prepare to record the Dylan Ratigan Show on my DVD... back at 1404L... oops, outa beer again... off to the 'fridge... back. Where wuz I? Hubris. Gotta be 'Irish Hubris.' You know: 'Fighting Irish' sorta hubris. I have some of that in me too, but I keep a close watch on it. It helps that I'm only half Irish. O'Bama did the right thing in firing the dumb bastard. 'Chain of command' means exactly that, and broken links must be replaced immediately. I never did like officers anyway. In fact, whenever I see an interview on TV which features General Barry Mccaffrey I always giggle as I wonder how much his performance would have been degraded by facial Botox treatments the day before. Naughty me.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?