Thursday, May 13, 2010

 

The Tokyo High. The Denver Low.

(3)
Kootch always benefits altitude-wise when she visits Japan every year, and always suffers on her return to Mile High Denver (stomp above me). We both noticed this 'altitude effect' as soon as we arrived in Denver back in 666 (June 1966). So I am very aware of what she goes through every year. It will take her about two weeks to re-adjust her red blood cell count to the Denver altitude. She enjoys an exhilarating three weeks in Japan every year as compensation, due in part to her excess red blood cell count which contributes to a generalized need for 2 - 4 hours less sleep every night.
Interestingly, she tells me that she and her (slightly younger) sister often watch Japanese TV together but that she remembers very little of the experience because she and her sister are almost constantly talking with each other. Both their brothers have passed away and they are the only remaining siblings.
I remain in Denver for obvious reasons, enjoying my aloneness as best I can.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?