Thursday, May 06, 2010

 

A Sea of Sensuality

(5)
'Disassembly' eventually progressed to the point where our 'social capabilities' deteriorated. We then went our separate ways. Kootch and the kids went into the FR where they could all watch TV together. I went into the LR where I could relax on the couch and listen to Beethoven's symphony number six through earphones. I would be very aware at this point of how 'crooked' my world had become: angles didn't add up. Familiar views seemed somehow strange. I put on the earphones and listened to Beethoven's Symphony Number Six. I closed my eyes. Awesome!!
As the music entered my brain it affected my visual system entoptically. Music provoked optical response. Beethoven became not only an auditory experience but a visual experience. The music generated glorious rivers of the most intense color, flowing, changing, synchronizing with the music. Synthesia! I was 'seeing' Beethoven's music! Gloriously beautiful!
I was beyond 'social capability' at this point, and so were the kids. Kootch alone remained competent as we all disassembled in 'a sea of sensuality.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?