Monday, May 17, 2010

 

I Live in a World Full of Idiots

(1)
Monday is a bit early to be resuming this blog, but I sort of bushwhacked myself with a couple of Natural lights on an empty stomach 'for blog-reading purposes' (I prefer to read my last blog entries slightly buzzed instead of cold sober). I can usually resist the urge to continue to the booze/blog stage, but not today. Darn.
The result, of course, is that I'm not quite as prepared as I would like to be. On the other hand, there is something to be said for 'spontaneity.' Photos, for example, will be delayed 'til next week, but current 'thoughts' will substitute. Sip. Finished beer #3 @ 1604L.
----------
First current thought: As I watched 60 Minutes (live) last night I was 'transfixed' by the description of the disaster on the Deepwater Horizon. I sat down to watch. When the survivor, Mike Williams, was describing the explosions aboard the drilling platform, he used the expression, '...take your vision away' (among others) to describe the explosive violence. At that point there was a tap above and to my left, followed by a similar tap above and to my right. There was also a similar reaction from above yesterday as I watched the TiVo replay. (tap) This sort of thing is very typical (Kootch just brought me beer #5 - Sip), happening almost daily. It also has a long history beginning in the early '90s. Back in those days it was much more violent: a loud stomp from above. In my Drog I called those stomps, VSDTs (Very Subtle Death Threats). I should probably have used the term, Obvious Death Threats (ODTs). Nowadays the VSDT label seems to be more applicable. But what fascinated me most about this particular incident was its specificity: 'take away your vision' (tap) is a very specific threat (boom). And they are doing that! My vision continues to deteriorate rapidly, the most recent reminder being my difficulty in reading the Kaiser Permanente 'Prescriptions Ready' board today at the pharmacy. Last month that display was much more readable, normal even.
I would report all this to the folks at Kaiser Permanente (tap); I would also (of course) report all this to the ACSD. But my experience with all those folks tells me that it would be a waste of time: they are all biological machines which have been pre-programmed to ignore my cries for help.(tap). I live in a world full of biological machines. The difference between you and me is that I know it and you don't know it.
Acquinas: 'Every agent acts for an end.'
Aristotle: 'All causes are beginnings.'
Modern Philosophy: 'Effects result from causes.'
Me: 'I live in a world full of idiots.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?