Saturday, May 22, 2010

 

The French Think Otherwise.

(5)
Writing this week's blog just now I came across DesCartes, who famously said something like, 'I think, therefore I am!' This is obvious unless you are a philosopher. If you are a philosopher it is not at all so obvious. The reason for that is that philosophers rely on logic alone. Philosophers are a special breed of folk who suffer from the condition of 'congenital monohemisphericality.' It is a rare condition where the subject posseses only a left brain. It is common among intellectuals. Moreover, that left hemisphere swells in the absense of a corresponding right hemisphere, resulting in the scientific condition of 'mono-L-Brain Syndrome: The left hemisphere literally 'grows into' the vacuum in the right cranium, with the result that the affected individual grows up emotionally bereft, but logically gifted. (Just peed in my pants unintentionally. Rare. I sat here typing this, enjoying, but determined to intervene appropriately. I failed. Just returned from the bathroom with a totally soaked butt. It could have been worse.) Where was I?
Ah. DesCartes. The Logician. (Day-Cart)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?