Thursday, April 01, 2010

 

Stranger in a Strange Land

(2)
1554L. Time for a shot (tap) of Canadian Mist...
(I met Kootch in the kitchen as she got another bowl of tonight's supper (Curry), and opened two bars of dark chocolate for her evaluation: seems that one (only) square of dark chocolate per day is very beneficial to heart health, so I bought some at KSS today. Kootch is to sample both versions and report back to me.)
Where were we? Ah. The List! Bullies. (tap)
----------
I could 'identify' with the Phoebe Prince story this week, about an Irish immigrant teenage girl who was 'bullied to death' by her schoolmates. Very tragic. She was 'a stranger in a strange land.' Her story interested me because I am also such a stranger. The differences between us include sex and age, and the eventual outcomes. (Kootch just reported back: One is slightly sweeter than the other but both taste great.)
Age was my advantage, plus the fact that the 'bullying process' developed over many years in my case, whereas in Phoebe's case it was sudden and violent. She was overwhelmed. Furthermore she was female, whereas I am male. Additionally, Phoebe's experience happened in a world connected by instantaneous communications in a culture which is outstripping the usual cultural constraints. The eventual result was that Phoebe had thoughts of suicide, and eventually killed herself. Been there (tap) - did not do that. I was lucky.
Back in the '50s, 'bullying' was an individual thing: I met several boys my age who tried to bully me. I also witnessed several instances of other boys being bullied, and I learned from that: 'Fight back. Even if you lose, make them pay!' I fought back, and while I can't claim to have won those fights, I inflicted enough damage on the bullies such that they never bullied me again, and furthermore other bullies took note and did not bully me.
But the current situation seems to be unique: The Bully (Gerash) has succeeded in demonizing me to the extent that the average dumbass believes me to be an evil muthafuck!
And maybe I am!
But I am an evil muthafuck who has in his possession a 357 magnum. And I will use it if necessary.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?