Friday, April 30, 2010

 

The Importance of LSD

(3)
Beer number 9 at 1800L. Good thing I cooked supper before I got involved in this weekly booze/blog stuff. And 'the list' in (1) below is our list for tonight:

I love (b) (below) because I am such an expert in that particular category. I can ramble on and on more or less endlessly and be not only accurate but interesting! And the reason for that is that I occupy the mid-point between Atheism and Religious Fundamentalism: I am an Atheist who has done LSD. I know, you don't know. And you want to know! Result: I am interesting. You read my blog. I know you. You want to know me.
But I digress. Lets get to tonight's blog structure. I've done the 'religion' thing already, have I not? That leaves 'photo, Astronomy, music.' Let's get right to the music: Beethoven Piano Concerto 4, movent 1.
Now for the Astronomy link: Sunset on the Golden Sea is a glorious photo of our sun at 'sunset' when Earth's rotation brings us into nighttime, every night. But I love it also for 'utilitarian purposes,' specifically for my version of the Judeo-Christian myth: it is the perfect picture of my imagined sunset on HELL, the planet circling a Red Dwarf Sun in the constellation Centaurus. I was so impressed by the photo that I contacted Lucifer on the Brown Telephone:
----------
lu: Hello?
me: Been a while. How's it going?
lu: Swimmingly as usual.
me: I have an upload. Are you ready to receive?
lu: Let's do it.
(I upload the above photo)
me: This is a sunset on Earth.
lu: Astonishing! I thought for an instant that you had somehow got the image of one of our sunsets! Amazing! Earth? Really? It looks so familiar!
me: I thought it would seem familiar. Heard from Jesus lately?
lu: He's approaching at just the right angle, according to our data, but he seems reluctant to communicate.
me: That's Jesus' style: Strong Silent Type. He'll be buzzing your collective ears off just before he hits HELL's atmosphere. Be ready.
lu: Figured that. Do you have suggestions regarding how we should interact with Jesus once he has arrived in our midst?
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?