Thursday, April 22, 2010

 
(4)
Buzzing my brains out at this point, beer gone, sipping on Diet Pepsi and Canadian Mist, loving all that is me... you included. (Really. You are a small part of me, like it or not. (tap))
Kootch is gone. She has abandoned me. It is an annual sort of thing. She gets away from me and connects with her family in Japan. She brings 'Gifts from America,' and when she returns she will bring 'Gifts from Japan.'
I contributed my share in the form of Private Selection Pecans, two 'Slow Roasted' and one 'Praline.'
Her family will appreciate my gift and will return that gift in the form of love and condiment. We do this every year. Kootch brings 50 pounds of America to Japan, and she returns to America with 50 pounds of Japan. Yummy!
A Jewish woman asked me recently, 'Why don't you go too?'
I replied that, 'She escapes from me and meets with her family in Japan. If I went with her, they would feel obliged to 'entertain' my American Dumbass. They can be totally themselves in my absense.'
So I stay, enjoying my total aloneness. And they enjoy familial simplicity.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?