Thursday, March 18, 2010

 

You Are a Disaster.

(4)
Enter 'Doctor Scotty, OD.' Young handsome fella like Kobe. But Scotty never smiled. Scotty was very serious. Angry, even.
It became clear immediately that Scotty had some sort of an 'agenda.' He 'pontificated.' Scotty was clearly not ready to be surprised. Scotty was intent on controlling the situation. Scotty had obviously constructed a scenerio in which Scotty would dominate the encounter with me. The result was that Scotty and I 'talked past' each other. We were totally unable to communicate! It was one of the most bizarre interactions I have ever had with another person! Kristine was an Angel From Heaven compared to Scotty.
I slowly became very, very irritated. I had paid good money for this. The US Government had also paid good money for this. Scotty was wasting my time and our money.
I asked Scotty whether he was Jewish. 'Are you Jewish?'
The question brought Scotty abruptly 'into the moment.'
'No. But I am curious why you asked.'
I declined to answer (tap) and the interview was clearly over, soon thereafter.
Scotty then got up and walked out, heading to the exit with me in tow. He said something like, 'We need to make a new appointment for you.'
As we left the Optical Offices I said to Scotty, 'I can make my own appointments. You are a Disaster.'
There was no reply.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?