Thursday, March 04, 2010

 

Revelation!

(2) Beginning beer #7 at 1854L. During my 're-read' I checked out the link on 'Epistemology' in Wikipedia. 'What crap!' (I thought.) But as I reread (skimmed) the piece again I spotted the subtitle, 'Specific theories of knowlege acquisition.' Ahah! Now we're gettin' somewhere! Empericism. Yes! I am an 'Empericist.' Locke, Berkeley, and Hume! Familiar names! Yum, yum, yum. (This week's blog will obviously be short and sweet as I begin beer #9.)
Phenomenalism. OMG! John Stuart Mill! I love JSM! Uh-oh... Kant! Russell! OMG!
Wittgenstein? Where is Whitty? There he is! Right there.
I should admit at this point that I stopped reading philosophy after Russell referred me to Wittgenstein. I understood Russell (more or less) but I could not understand Wittgenstein. My next philosophy lesson waited in the wings, so to say, until 1977 (or so) when I did my first Acid Trip: 'Theory' converted itself into 'practice.' Revelation!
The average dumbasses (you) have no clue. You perform your glorious lives mechanically, unaware. Then you die forever. As time goes by and modern science extends human life you will live longer. And then you will die forever. 'Forever' is a long time. It took 'forever' for you to be born. It will take 'forever' for you to be born again.
Not gonna happen.
Lesson? Love. Enjoy. Do not waste this.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?