Friday, March 12, 2010

 

God is a Metaphor

(2)
Seems that the Supreme Court has decided an important question concerning the use of the word, 'God.' The court (in effect) decided that 'God' was a metaphor. Did I get that right? Standby while I check this out... nothing on MSNBC. Ok, I'll wing it:
'God is a codeword,' says The US Supreme Court. 'God' means, ... uh... well... you know... check your bible, dumbass.'
On second thought I went to the LR and fast forwarded CBS and NBC (I watch ABC live). No mention of the ruling, but I was treated to huge amounts of 'face rad' which caused much sneezing and tearing of the eyes. Given that experience I'll put off commenting on the topic, 'In God We Trust.' Maybe next week.
Speaking of Bible stuff, the Alaskan Comedien Sarah Palin seems to have found her natural niche as a comedy star. Alright!
Which brings us to the idea of writing stuff on the palms of our hands. Even God does it, according to Isaiah 49:16. This is what I call, 'Sacred Writing.'
----------
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
----------
What the fuck does that mean?
----------
Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
----------
Huh?
I could go on and on, of course, but it seems to be very clear at this point that Isaiah is basically bullshit. Sacred Writing sucks because it is actually meaningless crap.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?