Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

Eric Was His Name And Kindness Was His Game

(1)
I'm back waaay early tonight for several reasons including weather: a) Mucho snow tonight; b) The Dems got 'health care' passed and signed; and c) I got 'surprised.' First, 'The Surprise.'
----------
I needed to go to Kaiser for a blood test that was overdue, plus I need another supply of Warfarin. So around 1330 or so I got into Kootch's Toyota and turned the key to 'start.' The engine did not start as usual; instead there was that dreaded clicking noise: the battery was almost dead. (tap) Since the battery had given no 'warning' that it was dying, and since I had faced this same problem at least twice previously with this car and battery over several years, I concluded that the stalkers (who have the keys to our car and also the keys to our apartment) had done their thing again. 'Surprise, surprise. You asked for it; you got it.' Did they leave the lights on for several hours late the preceeding night? Maybe. Your guess is as good as mine. After several failed attempts to call for an emergency 'jump start,' I took control the situation and jumped on my bike, headed for the nearest auto repair facility. 'Cold! I shoulda brought my jacket!' Inside the facility, I was exploring the various options with the desk personnel when another custumer who had overheard our conversation volunteered to jump-start our car for free! Awesome!
When he had finished his business the desk personnel, we stowed the bike in the back of his pick-up and he drove us to the parking lot and we jump-started Kootch's Toyota. What a gentleman! My faith in 'my fellow man' was restored! Again! I told him, 'I'm gonna mention you very favorably in my blog. First name only.' We exchanged first names. He gave me a pen and slip of paper on which to write the blog address. Pen didn't work. He produced another pen which did work. I wrote down 'rbdsnotes.blogspot.com.' I advised him that the blog was 'Controversial. Use caution.'
Kootch was unable to say how old the battery was - several years at least - so we decided to replace the battery. I drove back to the repair facility. There I turned off the engine. I then restarted it. No problem. I had them replace the battery anyway. Since the booze shop was close to the auto repair facility I bought a new bottle of Canadian Mist. I then headed to Kaiser and 'donated blood to a good cause' (eheh), picked up a new supply of blood-thinner, and headed to King Soopers. The weather was still mild. I picked up a new twelve-pack of Natural Light (sip). Once home again, I thought, 'I gotta blog this.'
So I poured a double shot of CM with a DP and ice mix and downed it at the computer while playing Drench. Once I was properly 'fortified' by the booze I signed on to blogger and read last week's blog posts, most of which had failed to stick in memory (as usual), but were recalled as I reread them. All except the last. Huh? I only remembered the 'huh?.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?