Saturday, February 27, 2010

 

The Rest is Gravy

(6)
Been listening to 'antisemite music' as I wrote the previous posts. Naughty me.
Which brings us to that point where my current blog objectives have been accomplished, and 'the rest is gravy.' Sipping beer #10 at 2045L. (Sip, sip.) My life is gravy.
Gravy mixed with microwave radiation (face rad) as I type this after blowing out huge quanties of snot. Eyes watering slightly, especially the right eye. This is my life and I am determined to enjoy it - otherwise, why bother?
Which brings us to Gerash. I'm buzzing my brains out. I'm feeling the love (especially from my female interests) and I am temporarily incapable of hatred due to my current inebriation. The result is that I can write about Gerash with a certain amount of detachment. So why not?
----------
Gerash is psychotic. He is a victim of obsession. But that is only the beginning: Gerash cannot 'enjoy the gravy of his life.' I noticed that about Gerash back in the days of (tap) the DCC. After (or during) the Friday Night 5-minute chess tournaments Gerash would leave, and the rest of us would drink beer, smoke Pot, and generally struggle to finish a game of blitz, totally stoned and enjoying each and every second of the process. Then we would play another game, stoned, and the game would seem to take hours - while lasting 10 minutes at most. It was such fun.
But Gerash worried. Gerash worried about small things. What do other people think? What do they think about Gerash? Gerash had a hyperactive dread that other people did not like Gerash. And he was right! The result was that Gerash could not 'be himself' at those glorious friday night get-togethers. Gerash can never 'be himself.' Never. Ever. I never saw him take a drink. I never observed Gerash enjoy anything - except possibly the time when he told me that he had enjoyed watching my most recent game. I had lost that game. He smiled. His breath stunk. Indeed, Gerash defeated me in only one chess game. He asked for a draw, but I could see that his position was far superior and I therefore declined his offer. I thought perhaps that winning a game against me might soften his attitude. I was wrong. Amazingly, when I resigned, Gerash seemed unable to enjoy his victory!
Gerash's problem is that he respects other people. Why? Because as he observes other people he realizes that they are far superior to him (emotionally). The result is that he tailors his life such that nothing can be proven against him as he attacks other people. Gerash hates other people, therefore he attaches undue importance to the opinions of other people. (Go figure.)
A 'psychiatric evaluation' of Gerash would certainly include, 'Erotomania' and 'Personality Disorder.'
I, on the other hand, unlike Gerash, understand that other people are idiots. I therefore do not fear the opinions of other people.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?