Saturday, February 27, 2010

 

Enjoy!

(8)
I loved this series of interviews with the British Philosopher, A. C. Grayling. What interested me especially was the discussion of 'Epistomology' (no, not that). Indeed, 'Epistomology' was what attracted me to philosophy in the first place. I was totally fascinated by the first book I read on the subject, which discussed the philosophy of perception. I was astonished by what I read: A 'cold, smooth, tabletop' was not really 'cold and smooth' but was actually a sensory construct based on 'sight, feel, and touch.' And furthermore, all 'senses' (sight, feel, and touch - to name a few) were only 'perceptions.' The 'real world' - whatever that might be - was unknowable because human knowlege was based on 'sensation.' The 'thing in itself' was forever ultimately unsensible, unknowable. The World was therefore an eternal mystery! We live in a 'world' which defies understanding. We can never really 'understand' our world. Never. Ever.
My 'Acid experiences' during the late '70s totally confirmed that hypothesis.
And yet we live our everyday lives in a continuous state of 'normalcy.' Oblivious to our 'mechanisims of perception,' we breeze through our days and nights uncritically naive. We waste our lives through ignorance, not realizing that 'life' has no 'purpose' at all. We fail to see that life has no meaning at all, and that we should simply enjoy the moment. Enjoy!
But instead we suffer (Heavy DPR from 203. My left skull aches.) from our ignorance.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?