Friday, January 08, 2010

 

Japanese Supper

(1)
Kootch walked by just now, headed to her room. 'Supper,' she said. Investigation revealed that she had a bowl of 'ocha zuke' (oh-cha-zu-keh). I got the recipe:
----------
1 cup rice
Fish (leftover salmon in this particular case but usually dried bonito flakes)
1.5 cups of green tea (hot water in this case)
Nori (a dried seaweed condiment)
Soy sauce to taste
----------
Very healthy fare. My supper will be leftover salmon, soy sauce, rice, kinchee. She wasn't very hungry because we had both eaten lots of popcorn an hour or two previously while watching Millionaire. I was drinking my first beer, and about halfway through M I began going into my buzzed personality. I told Kootch that we should do this someday while I drink beer and she does wine. Shall I ambush her next week with a bottle of wine? Maybe just a small glass of Diet Pepsi and CM? Sounds fun. Now, if I can only remember to do it...
What fun reading last week's posts! I had forgot most all of it due to the booze, but memory is an amazing thing, apparently needing only hints here and there to reconstruct something 'forgotten.'
It is beginning to look like this will be a 'slow night,' but we shall see. I have nothing 'prepared' having spent much of my free time this week playing Drench and Civilization III.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?