Thursday, September 03, 2009

 

Takeoff aborted

(1)
Microwave radiation from the apartments above and below (304 and 104) over the last few nights has left me severely sleep deprived. I've done this blog sleep-deprived and drunk before, so I thought I'd at least give it a try today. No joy, this bird just ain't gonna fly. So... I entered reverse thrust on all engines, hit the brakes, deployed spoilers, and instructed the co-pilot to call tower for 'the equipment' just in case we overheated the brakes and the tires caught fire. Co-pilot complied and advised the passengers of the aborted takeoff. We were never in danger of running off the end of the runway. It's a long runway.
Oh well...
I feel like the bird who has been hanging around the patio for the last week or so. At first I thought she was sick. I could go out on the patio and get my hand within a foot of her before she would take off. I put a water bowl on the patio floor. When she was not occupying the food bowl on the railing she was down on the patio floor near another food bowl and the water bowl. She would leave every night, then return the next morning. She got worse by the day. She did not show up this morning. My current conjecture is that this was an old bird near death, and that she probably died last night.
Beer #5 at 1515L and I am amazed that the more beer I drink, the better I think. My current conjecture is that sleep-deprivation plus low blood sugar combined to produce the previous funk, and that the beer has raised the blood sugar level to an acceptable degree. Hmm. So I have instructed the co-pilot to taxi us back to the active runway. We are currently number two for takeoff. I will let her do the takeoff.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?