Thursday, September 10, 2009

 

Shiro The Rat

(4)
Beer #9 @1724L. Gotta go watch the news on my three tv sets... Interesting.
Beer#10 @1807L. I noticed during the news that my setup missed ABC. I got in at the last minute. (Sorry, Charlie. I'll get it right next time.) By the way, the feed bowl in the previous post is notched around the edges because it used to be one of the feed bowls for my lovely and glorious rats. Rat incisors grow constantly, and therefore rats need to 'file down' those incisors daily by gnawing on anything within reach. I remember one amazing night back when I had more than twenty pet rats: Her name was, 'Shiro.' She was our only Albino rat. She seemed a bit ill-at-ease in her rat community, and tended to dig her tiny claws into me whenever I handled her. I think she felt out of place and wanted to cling to me. (They all loved me!)
So I put her on the 'raticure' one day. I then grabbed her by the tail and dragged her backwards. She dug in with her tiny claws as expected. The sandpaper filed her tiny claws down a bit too far and she started bleeding. I felt guilty. I let her sleep with me that night.
Ever slept with a female rat? You should try it.
She remained under the covers with me, of course, exploring my body from head to foot as I slept. She eventually settled down to gnawing the calluses on my heels. When I woke up in the morning I discovered that Shiro had eaten all of the callused skin on both feet. She seemed to be quite proud of that. I thanked her and put her back into her rat cage. Shiro was pregnant at the time, and I paid special attention to her litter, convinced that her offspring carried something of me within them.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?