Wednesday, August 05, 2009

 

Snow White

(3)
Beer #9 at 1712L. Buzz has stabilized. Liver is apparently doing detox at the appropriate rate. All is well with the world. Evening News at 1732.
I'm back, as most of the news I already know. But what fascinates me at this time is the recent confluence of events: Ahmadinejad has been officially installed as the new prime minister of Iran based on the results of the recent 'election.' Furthermore, Bill Clinton (et.al.) has just returned to the US from a visit to North Korea. He returned with two lovely and glorious females who had apparently strayed into NK. Good work!
But the 'confluence' involved both Iran and North Korea, not to mention genital mutilation.
Question: Am I over-reaching here in my associative neural habits? Maybe. Maybe not. (Nose running again at 1815L.)
Background: I did a personal interview with Ahmadinejad back in 2006 which I published in Non Serviam, one of my older blogs. I promised to do a similar interview with Kim Jong IL soon after that, but NK international politics squashed that idea. I was told by the State Department that in view of the NK belligerence I would be forced to wait for a more auspicious occasion. I agreed.
So when the State Department contacted me recently concerning the upcoming Clinton visit to North Korea I accepted the invitation immediately. Wow! Kim Jong IL?! I was very impressed!
To make a long story short I jumped aboard a snow white 737 headed to North Korea.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?