Wednesday, August 12, 2009

 

Higher Consciousness

(1)
Strange things are happening with Blogger. I logged on about an hour ago and got an error message. Several more tries yielded the same type of message, so I finished my beer and decided to abort the blog for today. I helped Kootch in the kitchen for a while (cutting pork ribs into bite sized pieces for a batch of curry), then popped open a Diet Pepsi, experienced a bit of 'taste shock,' and began watching TODAY3. Another check of Blogger just now revealed that it was up and running again, so I gave the remaining Pepsi to Kootch and popped open another beer. More taste shock. Pepsi actually tastes better than beer, but beer provides more buzz for the buck.
Last week's blog entries were lots of fun to write (while drinking 3.2 Natural Light) but they eventually soared into the thin air of booze banality and after checking them in a sober environment two days later I deleted the last three. That happens sometimes. Embarrassing.
So today I have requested the assistance of Daruma. He is on duty now, staring at me as I write this. His eyes are wide open. He never blinks. Legend has it that he cut off his eyelids in order to remain permanently awake. That is a metaphor, of course, for the Zen ideal of Higher Consciousness.
Let us hope it works tonight.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?