Wednesday, August 19, 2009

 

Foreskin Tempura

(4)
Poor Kootch! She has no idea of what I am doing here. She only knows that I am being a bit odd at the moment. As usual she attempts to accomodate me, so I asked her the question:
'Your only 'meat product' is the skin of baby pigs. All veggies are available. All condiments are available. Rice and potatoes are available. Given that scenerio, what dish would you come up with to satisfy a drunk, irritable husband?
'Tempura,' she said. 'Sounds good!' I said. She was looking at me as if I was insane: 'Baby pigs?'
I explained to her that this was all 'theoretical, not practical,' and that I needed a recipe. 'Tempura,' she repeated. She began looking at me as if I was going pre-alzheimic.
We then agreed that the ingredients needed to be dipped in batter, then roasted in hot oil until done. I suggested that in view of the different structures of the inner and outer pig skins, that those skins might exhibit a tendency to 'roll up' She looked at me in dismay: 'WTF?'
(I hasten to add at this point that 'WTF' is not a part of Kootch's lexicon.)
I complimented her and suggested that she would come off in my blog in a favorable manner, and she 'rolled her eyes.' Why?
She knows that I am delusional.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?