Wednesday, July 29, 2009

 

Yes We Did!

(4)
Beer #9 at 1903L.
The big news this week seems to have been the The Prez's characterization of the arrest of a Harvard Professor as, 'Stupid.' Wow! I must tell you, folks, that I absolutely loved it! Here's why: A black man was arrested by an Irish cop for being too 'uppity.' The 'black man' was unfortunately a college professor, and the incident blossomed in media. An irresistable Media Bubble resulted. All eyes became focused on CNN (et al). Much money was made by certain advertisers. Black and White Americans became concerned. WTF!?
I loved it because I am half Irish. I loved it furthermore because my experiences with the local police (ACSD) have been 'historically unfortunate' (They think I am a fucking Devil Worshipper!).
The Prez later admitted that in view of the volatile nature of the situation he could have 'calibrated' his public comments concerning the matter more appropriately.
Many people apparently think that The Prez should have stayed out of it. I disagree. I think that The Prez acted appropriately in view of the fact that he is the very first AA president. His response was, in my opinion, perfect. Think about it:
Did we not know at the beginning that it would eventually come down to something like this? Yes we did! And The Prez stepped up to the plate and hit a Home Run!
The result is that both Black and White versions of 'Racisism' are being aired on national media. That is a good thing.
I can tell you this, folks: Until the day comes when all of our racial and religious differences have 'muddled out' genetically and historically, we will have to deal with Darwin and Acquinas.
Should be fun!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?