Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Two Thumbs Down

(2)
If further proof was needed concerning my terrible judgement, I tried out my new glasses for the first time a few days ago. Barf! The new glasses aren't even as good as the ones I already have, which are based on a prescription several years old! Indeed, after getting my eyes checked last time (two or three years ago?) The new glasses were so bad that I settled for replacements based on the previous prescription! I have forgot her (the optometrist) name now, but I remember that it was 'Jewish-sounding.' Her prescription was perfect! It restored my faith in the Jewish People for a while. She apparently didn't last long after that, and was gone from Kaiser the next time I got a vision check. And I so wanted Kristine to be beautiful too... And she may well be: the problem is either with the prescription or the manufacture. We shall see... Stay tuned...
What is the exact problem with the new glasses?
1. One of the eyes is 'way off focus' causing a feeling of disorientation when they are put on.
2. Both pair are focused too far away. Thus the tv sets in my living room are out of focus, but objects on the Highline Canal are 'in focus.'
3. The computer glasses are focused about two feet too far, making the computer screen fuzzy.
I mentioned the 'disorientation problem' to the people in the optical department and was advised to try them for a while and see whether my eyes adjusted to the new glasses. Eheh. Sheeeit! It is clearly the job of the optometrist to adjust the glasses to the eyes - not vice versa. In any case, thumbs down on the suckers!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?