Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Merely Melissa

(1)
When I signed on a while ago I discovered post #6, unpublished. It's true. I am definitely a fan of Canada.
A meeting with 'Magnificient Melissa' ended in disaster today when she demanded that I turn off my voice recorder. She said, 'Turn it off!' I said, 'No.' She then informed me that she would not see me if I refused to turn it off. She then directed me upstairs to 'patient check-in' for a co-pay refund (of 15 dollars). I complied. How did she know I was recording the conversation? I can only conclude that somebody at Kaiser has been reading my blog (I have been giving this blog address to selected people at Kaiser for some time now). Melissa denied having read it last time we met. But today her nurse asked me during the BP check whether 'we were recording the conversation today.' I replied in the affirmative. She then said something like, 'I don't agree to that, therefore this cannot be used in a court of law.' I said that 'this will never be used in a court of law, that I was only doing it in 'self defense.' Melissa showed up soon thereafter and tried to bully me into turning it off.
Which only goes to prove that I am a terrible judge of character! The demotion of Malissa was, of course, inevitable: when you start at the top the only way is down. (But there is further downside, Melissa: 'Malevolent' comes to mind. Careful, sweetie!)
I fired Melissa, of course. Will I ever find a Kaiser doctor who can tolerate being recorded? We shall see! Stay tuned, folks!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?