Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Malissa the Philosopher!

(6)
2100L and I am on my last beer. Time to wrap this up. I will do so with the narrative I would have presented to Malissa had she chosen to go 'on record' today:
----------
me: You will be happy to know that my foot problem has disappeared!
ma: I will? Howso?
me: I deduced that since it was not a gout problem and not an arthritis problem it was probably a bloodflow problem.
ma: Sheer speculation.
me: Correct. But I tested the theory.
ma: How?
me: I increased blood flow to the affected foot.
ma: Nonsense. How?
me: I set a local timer for 15 minutes. When the timer sounded I went into the LR and pumped my Stationary Bike 100 times. I did this for several days and the problem disappeared two days ago.
ma: Proves nothing. Hume would say that this was not a cause-effect situation at all, but rather a coincidence, a temporal conjunction. Read your English Philosophy before you bother Kaiser with your wacky theories of cause and effect.
me: Hume?
ma: David Hume. He's British. Get on The Web. Do a Google search on 'blood flow.'
me: Thank you doctor! You are so totally beautiful on the inside!
ma: I know. I know.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?