Wednesday, July 08, 2009

 

Magnificient Melissa

(1)
First beer at about 1523L. Still working on it at 1534, buzzing slightly on an empty stomach. Kootch is ready to eat and we do today's Millionaire soon.

Did another visit with 'Dr Melissa' today. Problem: 'Possible Gout.' Diagnosis: 'Inflamation, not Gout.' Got an X-ray. We'll see. My ankle began hurting Thursday morning. The pain began to receed Sunday evening, then spread to the big toe Monday morning. Still hurts. Wearing sneakers helps.

During the visit I broached the subject of my 'Delusional Disorder.' Dr M immediately became a bit 'testy.' She did not want to discuss the subject. When asked directly what she thought she knew about the said 'disorder' she said something like, 'You think you are receiving radiation from an Evil Lawyer and that the rest of your family is at risk.' Whoa! That could only have come from Dr. Anna Cosyleon, and is a totally perverted description of what is actually happening. (BTW, I never mentioned that I thought my family might be at risk.) I told the good doctor that that her 'information' was in error and asked her whether she had read any of my blog (I had given her the address of this blog on my first visit (described below). She replied in the negative, then asked me to describe what was really going on 'in one sentence.' 'Not possible. Read the blog.' 'I don't have time for that.' 'I understand; may I quote you in my blog?' 'I would prefer that you did not.' 'I'm going to quote you anyway. Sorry.'

It was an astonishingly honest conversation! And by the way, it was very cordial in spite of the subject and our differing 'takes' on the subject. I very much admire honesty in the other, a quality which seemed to be totally missing from the character of Anna Cosyleon. We're still buddies as far as I am concerned and I will not bring up the subject again with her. Lesson? You can lead your doctor to your blog but she will not have time to read it.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?