Wednesday, July 15, 2009

 

Dealing Panko

(3)
Sitting here with no music is ok but not optimal. We need some music. Here, therefore, is my best result from a Youtube search on Cosi Fan Tutte. I have a glorious version of that Mozart opera on both tape and (transcribed from said tape) video disk. I would love to share it with you but I don't know how to do it yet. And my version is In English! I will post it on Youtube if I can ever figure out how to do it. Enjoy... Meanwhile, here is the best musical version I could find.

Beer #9 at 1844L. On the way to the fridge I noticed a handful of Tree Swallows swarming around the green bowl on the railing. One of them was obviously a baby, mouth open and wings quivering. Mama was feeding it. My sudden appearance aparently spooked them and they flew away. I took the opportunity to add more Panko to the food bowl, then I did my 'alert' whistle. There was no immediate response.
I recently 'tested' for Tree Swallow Preferences: bread cubes; bananna peel cubes; lettuce cubes; tomato cubes... They rejected all but the bread cubes. I am beginning to feel like a drug dealer who has a group of birds with no money addicted to Panko.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?