Wednesday, June 24, 2009

 

Thank God it was a Woman

(1)
It is 1219L and I popped open my first beer at 1212L. No buzz yet, but I'll keep you informed. Tonight's supper will be tacos (flat) with refried beans (vegetarian), green chilli sauce, and cheese. Spread bean paste on taco, apply some chilli sauce, sprinkle on some shredded cheese, and heat in microwave onion. They good! First buzz beginning at 1226L.
A visit to the LR at 1235 reveals the major news networks showing the governor 'fessin' up to having an affair with a married woman. Coulda' been worse, I guess.
(Buzz progressing nicely at 1257. Back from the 'fridge with beer #3.)
BTW, I myself have had my share of 'affairs' during my long (52 year) marriage to Kootch. Most of them happened when I was 'out of state' and pussy was not available - not that my location justified the (two) affairs. There were also two 'one night stands.' Booze was involved, of course. One, in particular, is of interest because it was a 'setup' involving a long-time 'friend' of mine from Salina, Kansas. Bill fleming was his name. He and his family moved in next to us when we lived in Salina, Kansas at 805 Hancock (eheh) street back in about '61-'62. My Air Force duties required us to leave Salina, where we moved to Biloxi, Miss., then to Omaha. Neb.; then Kootch went to Japan with the kids while I did an 18 month tour in Goose Bay, Labrador. We visited Bill et. al. just before splitting up. I left my 2.4 inch Unitron with bill, and picked it up when I returned to the U.S., headed for Rapid City, SD. Bill and family moved to Goodland a year or two after I left the USAF for civilian life in Denver. (BTW, Bill had recommended Denver because there were 'a lot of good-looking women in Denver.') We visited Bill and family in Goodland on a couple of occasions, staying overnight for a day or two or three. By that time Gerash had the keys to our apartment in Littleton and no doubt explored our little home during the time we were gone. Bill was certainly an accomplice by that time, if not right from the beginning.
Which brings me to my first affair: she was a good-looking German woman name of Eleanor Lainer. She was a waitress at the local NCO Club.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?