Thursday, May 07, 2009

 

Torture and the Mind of God

(1)
Popped open my first beer around 1230L. I've learned that the earlier I start boozin' the earlier I'll be able to get out of bed the next day.
I must be doing something right: night-time radiation torture has once again reached the 'obscene' level. As a result I will be doing today's blog not only tight as a tick but sleep-deprived to boot: One man's 'torture' is another man's 'entertainment!' Oh, well... us 'humans' are nothing if not 'morally diverse.'
And on the subject of 'torture,' the new administration is currently struggling with the question of how to proceed in the matter of alleged torture by the now defunct Bush administration. There appear to be good arguments on both sides of the question of whether or not to prosecute former officials for war crimes. I have strong opinions on the matter, of course, and therefore recuse myself. Eheh. Bill Moyer's Journal had an interesting show on this subject last Friday, featuring a discussion with Mark Danner and Bruce Fein. Highly recommended.
In followup to last week's blog theme, here is one of the results of a Google Search on 'self-remembering.' The author seems to have a slight 'body image' problem, but on the plus side he agrees with me that god is intellectually challenged: I say, Idiot; he says, Insane. Hmmm... Why not both? After all, God created Hell, the place of eternal torture. Such an invention could only be the product of a mind which was both stupid and insane.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?