Thursday, May 14, 2009

 

Silicon Reward

(4)
'Forensics' is not one of my interests, folks. The results of such investigations are always... disagreeable. But I needed to know the eventual fate of that autopilot, a silicon entity which was - in my opinion - equal if not superior to us carbon entities, at least in the cockpit of flight 3407 on that fateful night. Turned off on that question by God, I therefore dialed Lucifer on the brown Telephone:
----------
me: Happy May 14!
lu: Rightbackatcha. Let me guess: You're investigating a chemistry question.
me: Correct. Name the element involved.
lu: Oooo... Hmmm. Sodium?
me: Silly You!
lu: Silicon. What do you need to know?
me: I'm wondering whether there are any silicon-based entities where you are.
lu: Many. Mostly 'puters.'
me: Really?!?
lu: Really.
me: recent arrivals?
lu: You must be referring to Buffy. He arrived...
me: He's carbon?
lu: The autopilot. He's Silicon.
me: Ah! So the autopilot went to Hell?
lu: As well he should.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?