Thursday, May 07, 2009

 

World Dial Day

(3)
While I was still on the subject of celestial communication, and having the Brown Telephone already in hand, I decided to check in with J.L. Nerd (aka Lucifer):
----------
me: Today is National Prayer Day.
lu: Yes. We do it here too.
me: Oh really!
lu: We call it, World Dial Day. It's an annual joke here. Everybody dials at once, then listens to the busy signal until they become bored. It's quite a festive occasion here which never fails to entertain. Our hard core dialers listen for hours and hours before hanging up.
me: That is so cold!
lu: It unifies us. The current record holder listened for 3.14159 and some odd days. His left ear is still ringing.
me: Has god ever answered?
lu: Never. The popular myth here is that we have been banned forever.
me: For what it's worth I got through just now. He still has no clue where we are.
lu: NGC-zero?
me: Yep.
lu: Cold. BTW, Amadeus says, 'Hello!'
----------
And while I'm on the subject, UNIQLOCK. Be careful not to mix the two.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?